Guitar Genius: How Les Paul Engineered the Solid-Body Electric Guitar and Rocked the World
A beautifully-illustrated true story of rock and roll legend Les Paul: This is the story of how Les Paul created the world’s first solid-body electric guitar, countless other inventions that changed modern music, and one truly epic career in rock and roll. How to make a microphone? A broomstick, a cinderblock, a telephone, a radio. How to make an electric guitar? A record player’s arm, a speaker, some tape. How to make a legendary inventor? A few tools, a lot of curiosity, and an endless faith in what is possible, this unforgettable biography will resonate with inventive readers young and old.
- Perfect for young readers and rock and roll enthusiasts alike.
- Unforgettable biography that will resonate with inventive readers young and old.
- Featuring richly detailed, dynamic illustrations by Brett Helquist, the New York Times bestselling illustrator of many books, including the Lemony Snicket books, A Series of Unfortunate Events.
“Les Paul was an innovator and musical force for the ages – he changed the world in a very real way. His story is a lesson from which kids of all ages can derive inspiration.” –Billy Gibbons, lead guitarist of ZZ Top.
This inspiring true story of rock and roll legend Les Paul teaches lessons of perseverance, overcoming obstacles, and following your dreams.
- Perfect read aloud book for family story time
- Books for kids ages 5-8
- Great book for STEM programs
- Children’s books for grades K-3