This Day In History: 1937-02-05
Half of the proceeds of the weekly bingo party jointly sponsored by the American Legion and the Fire Department were donated to the American Red Cross Flood Relief fund. The Ladies Sid of the Ramapo Reformed Church donated $10 to the fund. A total of $533.09 had been donated to date by residents of Hohokus Township for the fund. Attendance at the weekly Bingo parties became so heavy that the second floor of the firehouse had to be opened to accommodate the 232 players. Among the local merchants. who made special contributions for the occasion was the A. J. Winter & Sons who promised to deliver a ton of coal to any winner in Hohokus Township or Suffern.