This Day In History: 1934-03-26
Work began on extensive alterations to the Club House at the Houvenkopf Country Club. The ground floor was being converted into a series of locker rooms and showers. A grill will be added to the facilities. W. T. Findley was in charge of the work. He was awarded the contract to carry out the plans drawn up by the noted architect Walter R. Wilder. Wilder was a resident of Haverstraw road and a member of the Club. President F. H. Janke and the Board of Governors were studying what to do with the existing locker rooms on the third floor.