This Day In History: 1967-02-15
In a Blue and Gray Day at the Mahwah Junior-Senior High School students and faculty celebrated the ninth anniversary of the opening of the School. The campus school was opened in September 1957 but the first four classrooms were not opened until February, 1958. Giant birthday cakes, donated by the Mahwah Lions Club and baked by Rose Caterers of Mahawh, were enjoyed at each of the lunch periods. Dr. George Rehrauer, principal paid special tribute to the several teachers who had been at the school since its inception: Mrs. Eleanor Attena, Harold Beyer, David Brush, George Carpenter, Lawrence Cashiolo, Mrs. Marian Eddy, Frank Filardo, Mrs. Joan Hopkins, Miss Evangeline Klug, Floville LaGarde, Jules Lazicki, Gabriel Massaro (more?) and Dr. Kenneth Bishop, Principal until his appointment as Superintendent of Schools.
(additional names) Mitchell Modiset, Albert Mura, Miss Dorothy O’Brein, Howard Ochs, Robert Schneider, Mrs. Bette Shatwell, Richard Stack, Mrs. Betty Toricelli, Edward Warr.
Five members of the food maintenance and secretarial staff: Mrs. Lorraine Hart, Miss Sophie Patrick, Tom Green, Ned Green, and George Straut.