This Day In History: 1957-03-02
Dignitaries from Ramsey and Mahwah joined in the ceremonial opening of Mahwah’s first Bank. A branch of the First National Bank and Trust Company was opened at the corner of Ramapo Ave and Franklin Turnpike. Among the dignitaries present were Mayors John Elliot of Ramsey and Charles Feldman of Mahwah, and bank officials, Frederick Storer, President and Ronald Lewis, branch manager. An honored guest was Mrs. Annie C. Winter formally owned the land. She was photographed holding a ten dollar bill issued in 1902 by the Bank. It was signed by the Bank’s first president, E. F. Carpenter, Mrs. Winter’s father.