This Day In History: 1956-01-29
St. John’s Episcopal Church of Ramsey celebrated its fiftieth anniversary be dedicating its new Parish House. The church building had been dedicated in May, 1906. It was the gift of George Crocker of Darlington as a memorial to his wife. The land had been given by Edwin F. Carpenter. The noted local architect William Dewsnap designed the building. Prior to moving to their new building the parishioners had met in various homes and later in the Odd Fellows Hall. At the time the Church was formed Rev. James W. Jackson was the Vicar and F. G. Washburn was the warden. The new Parish house was built as a result of many years work by the church members. Following the ceremonies marking the anniversary the new hall was opened for inspection and refreshments were served.