This Day In History: 1954-02-02
The Women’s Auxiliary of the Fardale Fire Department announced that they had placed their order for a restaurant stove for the fire house on Fardale Avenue. They had been running a pyramid sales program involving cakes, candy, aprons and pot holders since November to pay for the new piece of equipment. The men of the fire company had been painting and redecorating the fire house. The addition of the new stove would assure the excellent dinners and special events for the Fardale Community, according to the Auxiliary announcement.