This Day In History: 1950-03-28
The addition to the Chapel of the Ramapo Reformed Church was dedicated. Additional space was provided for religion education with a number of changes to improve the use of the building as a community center. The former Duo-Art Club contributed equipment for the stage so that plays could be performed. A completely equipped kitchen was added to the plans at an added cost of $1,200. Separate heating controls were provided for the community room. The completed cost was $18,000 of which about $7,000 had to be borrowed. The building was open for inspection from 8 to 10 with the formal dedication at 8:30.