This Day In History: 1937-01-10
The annual Christmas entertainment was given by the parochial school children of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church on Island Rd. A nativity play “Wleczor Gwiazdowy”, given in Polish was performed under the direction of the Felician Sisters. The capacity audience responded with warm applause for the production, the lovely costumes and the affecting way the children played their parts. Two brief plays in English preceded the nativity pageant: Something New and “The Inquisitive Lady”, performed by the students in the first grade. Some appropriate Christmas choruses completed the evening.