Reprinted! A limited number available!
The Maps of Claire K. TholI is a limited edition book featuring 16 historic maps drawn by Claire K. Tholl, noted Bergen County historian and cartographer. Included is a biography of Claire, a bibliography of her work and some of her unique pen and ink drawings.
The book preserves these wonderful maps in full size. They are not only of great importance to historians and genealogists; they are also a work of art. The first edition, printed in 2012, was sold out within that year. A very limited edition has now been reprinted.
The publication of the book was made possible by a grant Administered by the Bergen County Department of Parks, Division of Cultural an Historic Affairs through a General Operating Support grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, a Division of Cultural Affairs in the Department of State. –Published by The NW Bergen History Coalition
Full Size Maps Include:
- Maps of Historic Areas and Events:
- Ringwood Manor 1962
- Long Pond Iron Works Grounds
- Historic Hudson River Highlands
- Ramapo Pass in 1778
- Crisis Country: The Route of Major Andre, Sept. 1780
- Old Estates of Mahwah
- Orange County: Early Precincts, & Patents on the Rockland County Border Landmarks Map of Rockland County
- Maps of NW Bergen Towns: Allendale, Ho-Ho-Kus, Mahwah, Ridgewood, Saddle River, Upper Saddle River, Wyckoff and Ramsey (drawn by John Y. Dater)