Mahwah Museum on social media
Mahwah and Local Organizations
The Mahwah Schools website gives you an understanding of the Mahwah Schools and its programs. The Mahwah Schools Foundation is an important fund-raising organization promoting excellence in the schools.
The Mahwah Library has a wealth of information and enjoyment. If you have a Mahwah library card, you can get online access to the Proquest Research Library and the Historical New York Times and much more at the site of the Bergen County Cooperative Library System under “Magazines, Newspapers and Reference Materials.” You can also borrow books from over 100 libraries that make up the Bergen County Cooperative Library System.
The Greater Mahwah Chamber of Commerce site is an important resource about the businesses of the greater Mahwah area. Use the Membership Directory part of that site to find local businesses who might be able to help you.
Ramapo College has been an important part of our community since 1971. A four-year State liberal arts college, it has a lot to offer Mahwah residents.
The Bergen Highlands/Ramsey Rotary Club is one of our important benefactors and does great work, both locally and globally.
The Bergen County Historical Society site contains information about their archives, their newsletters, their lectures, the renovation of the Historic New Bridge Landing, and articles of interest about Bergen County History. Of particular interest to Mahwah residents, you will find “Campgaw Mountain in the Cold War” by clicking on the link.
The Hermitage, a historic house museum in Ho-Ho-Kus, has lectures, guided tours, activities for students, and more. They have a very interesting Historians’ Roundtable every month. Click here to inquire about that round table.
Many of our friends in the Northwest Bergen History Coalition have interesting and informative websites. They include:
- Oakland Historical Society. The Van Allen House Museum.
- Ramsey Historical Association. The Old Stone House Museum.
- Upper Saddle River Historical Society. The Hopper-Goetschius House Museum.
- Wyckoff Historical Society. Meets at The Larkin House.
- Pascack Historical Society . Museum in Park Ridge.
- Ridgewood Historical Society. Old Schoolhouse Museum.
- The Fell House. A new venture in Allendale.
The starting point for New Jersey research is The New Jersey Historical Society.
If you don’t find what you need there, you can visit:
- The New Jersey State Library
- The New Jersey State Archives
- The Newark Public Library
- The New Jersey State Museum
- The Newark Museum
- Special Collections and University Archives, Rutgers University.
To access an interesting site that has a searchable collection of materials related to Hoboken, click here.
For videos detailing the process of weaving, see the National Trust for Scotland’s Weavers Films.